1. Requirement for Shibboleth IdP (Version 2.3 or later)
Required packages to be installed:
- Apache HTTP Server 2.2 or later, with mod_ssl
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.17 or later (NOT 7.x.x which is not supported by current Shibboleth IdP)
- Java 6 or later
- Use Shibboleth IdP 2.4.0 or later in case you use Java 7
- Gnu Java included in CentOS does not seem to be work. Use Sun Java or OpenJDK instead.
2. Installation of Operating System
1. Configuration at OS installation
- Packages required to be installed at OS installation (CentOS 5 assumed):
- Apache Web Server (httpd)
- and others you need.
Java JDK and Tomcat will be installed in this document later.
SELinux is not supported with this document. Please confirm it is disabled with:
Please configure hostname, IP address for interfaces, IP addresses of DNS servers
2. Register to DNS server in your domain
In local testing environment, registering to /etc/hosts may be enough.
3. Configuration on time synchronization
Use of NTP is recommended. Configure ntpd to refer nearby NTP servers.
(It may be configured already at installation to refer default NTP servers provided by pool.ntp.org project, though)
Shibboleth IdP and SP must work within 5min difference of clock.
3. Installation of jdk6 and tomcat6